Sunday, October 24, 2010

In transition...again

Since leaving Nantucket, I realized I also left my blog so here I am. Spent 9/29 - 10/3 in NYC Manhattan! Stayed with Eithne's friend Jenny in Soho - right in the city. Had another wonderful, memorable experience in that city. Up until a year ago I had never been to New York and within the past year I have been there 3 times....certainly there will be many more to come. Always a special time when I get to catch up with my dear friend Jeanne who lives on Long Island - we spent a great day together having lunch, walking over the Brooklyn Bridge, going to see the Bodies exhibit and just catching up!

I arrived back in Portland on 10/3 and drove over to Bend the morning of 10/4. Towards the end of my visit on Nantucket, I got to thinking about my next step in life which is, obviously, to find a job which forced me to ask myself where I want to live in this world? After little consideration, I decided I am ready to move back to Bend. I've missed it since the day I left it in December 2006 and it's time to get back home again. I've spent the past few weeks over there working on finding employment. I have 2 offers at 2 restaurant/bars and have also been presented with the opportunity to possibly join a commercial real estate firm. It was highly suggested to me that I acquire my real estate license so after many many years of talking about taking the plunge, I'm finally studying for my license!

This coming Wednesday 10/27 - Jamie and I are flying to Puerto Vallarta for 2 weeks! Then Steve, Mark, Eithne, Monica and Scott will be joining us for a week on 11/1. Getting pumped to have a whole lot of fun and make it my last hurrah for awhile. Time to gracefully succumb to this life transition, settle down (not too much), stash some cash and let life lead the way....

No comments:

Post a Comment